Pages

Thursday, December 5, 2013

The Homestretch


Is it just me or are all my kiddos looking so grown up?  I thought that was supposed to happen after the babies are born.  Yikes, I can't even imagine how I'll feel in a couple of weeks.  Seriously, though, Hugo is killing me with his little blazer.  Too cute.  Work it, little man, you look good.

Truth be told, the last couple of weeks, our energy level can most aptly described as.... hibernation?  Thirty five weeks pregnant with twins, I hand it to you, you win.  Partly, we are battling a little cold.  Partly, we are *so excited* to meet the babies.  Partly, Ben has an ear infection and our dog Selma has been very sick, and ick.  

Luckily, our kids are awesome and ebullient and sort of have their own little (fairly civilized) society going on in the household.  And we have been receiving help from many outlets.  And we are just taking things one single day at a time, because we are so close.  My body feels like it's slowly getting ready for the labor, which is great, and we remain optimistic about being able to keep these little babies inside for just a week and a half more (at least) so they're at least 37 weeks before they make their grand entrance.  

Looking at the sweet faces of our three already born babies makes me realize that this is all so incredibly worth it. Swollen feet, sore wrists (what?  weirdest pregnancy related ache yet), tired out husband and all.  This is the homestretch, and we are doing it.

5 comments:

JLynn said...

I know we don't know each other, but you are very much in my prayers! I hope all will go well for you as you meet your precious babies!

Margo said...

Blessings to you! This is a lovely post.

One and Doll said...

Adele,

Every quiet stretch on your blog makes me cross my fingers and wonder....

Know that women and men around you are holding you guys as you prepare for this labor. No matter how they come into this world your body has given them the magic that is life. Trust yourself, trust them.

Love to you all in this homestretch...

R

Adele said...

Thank you, guys! It is a tremendous source of encouragement to know that I have so many people holding me in their thoughts and prayers, so thank you. I am incredibly grateful.

Lauren Oliver said...

The kids DO look so grown up! Can't believe how they're growing. You have such a handsome family, and I'm sure the two about to be born will be just as lovely. Love to you all!