Pages

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

February Gratitudes


It has been one of those days that leaves me feeling grateful.  For a thick blanket of snow, a morning spent at the sledding hill up the street, and a big lunch of pancakes, bacon, and blueberry syrup when we got home.  For health (after a week of sickness), medicine, a friend visiting who is like family (framily?), and real honest to goodness family around us who we can drop in on like it's no big deal.  For a night playing telephone pictionary, drinking mulled wine, and watching my new favorite cooking inspiration (I am obsessed!).  For a boy who lives in his imagination, a girl who carves out her pockets of quiet in a bustling household, another girl who finds joy in every little thing, and those two little babies who like to talk to me in sign language about nursing while they are nursing and also sometimes bite each other (I'm looking at you, Dorothy).  For a partner who is best friend and confidante.  All of these things almost make me forget it is cold and is about to get even colder.  Yikes, February, you are sort of brutal, but I guess I like you anyway.

2 comments:

Lauren Oliver said...

Yay for Emily and telephone pictionary- I'm sad to have missed! Glad to hear (and see) that you all had a great day! =) Hope we can all have a big reunion one of these days...

Adele said...

Yes!! That would be THE BEST. Count me in.